Efficiency Grant Program
What's the Catch?
- Better service
- Faster service
- Better quality
Service Delivery Reviews (SDRs)
- Identify Project Scope: The basic terms of reference for the review are selected, including the objectives, deliverables, process and schedule.
- Complete an Environmental Scan: An overview of municipal operations, current staffing levels, financial resources, and municipal services are completed.
- Compare with Municipal Peers: A review of key performance indicators (KPIs) and those from closely matched peers makes it possible to see whether municipal operations are either in or out of sync. There should be close parity amongst peer municipalities at this stage, unless there are truly unique factors (like geography, economics, population density) that explain the differences. If you are comparing apples to apples, there should be more similarities than differences.
- Review Options: An itemized list of recommendations is made up, outlining possibilities to consider before making decisions.
- Make Decisions and Implement Changes: Recommendations are presented to Council. Council may decide to adopt any or all of the recommendations after weighing the political impact. Feedback from the public consultation process should inform how ratepayers will react to the final decision.